Thursday 24 November 2011

Updates

Updates:

Sorry for my silence. jJob work has been crazy busy, but that’s no excuse. I just have bad communication skills.



Have had some time to work on hive and have a nice long weekend coming up.



New things added



-like 90% there but instead of polling (going and asking if your blog have new stuff), I’ve added pubsubhubbub. This means that 90% of your feeds (all wordpres, tumblr, blogspot, and a ton others ) will update in near REAL TIME. This provides a better user experience and also cuts load on server. Anything without pub sub will still check like normal, so no worries.



-the sharebookmarklet works, I think better then the google reader one did.



-commenting works and is awesome



-you can put feeds in to a folder and then click the folder to display all entries from feeds in that folder.



-profile page of your shares and a nice follow button so you can send it out. ala twitter





Killer things that need in.



-fancy entry loading. it currently just loads 40 most recent posts. That’s no good.



-you can put your feeds in an order. but this shouldn’t be a huge blocker



-list view for feeds. but thats another non blocker





Ok, now for beta keys. I plan on putting a system in place where I give out keys to people and that key is good for inviting X number of people. That way you can invite most of your community so you are not just sharing alone and I can still control number of users coming in to see what breaks.



I know I keep saying it but this is a hard deadline now. I will have some beta invites by Dec 1st.



Also plan on going though a ton of questions on tumblr over the next couple days and making a nice faq response.

No comments:

Post a Comment